Over the past decade, paper letters have become rare, but the holiday cards do not hand over their positions. Multicolored cards with warm words accepted to give in an envelope, and if the cards themselves, as a rule, you want to save the fate of the envelope is not so obvious. Throw a pity to keep – no need to. However, for some envelopes (as, indeed, and greeting cards) is another unusual option – they can put …!
Special “germination flowers” paper is a set of applications – but the envelope it may be, for example, business cards, invitations, bookmarks and even a wine label! And made a miracle out of 100% recycled pulp. Thus, a product with the inclusion of the seeds makes it possible to reuse the paper and at the same time creating something new, in this case – greenery.
Fabrication process involves grinding of finished paper products with the addition of water to produce pulp, which domeshivayutsya and seeds of wild flowers . As a result, we get a very original hi-tech product, also made by hand.
The release of such products is involved, for example, the company Botanical PaperWorks from Winnipeg, Manitoba (Canada). According to its representative, Amanda Stevens, a particular technique of papermaking allows them to produce paper products with the inclusion of the seeds, using only recycled materials (ie trash). “As an impurity, we use the seeds of wild flowers , as most other plants the seeds of a lot more , these same seeds are very small and easy to print “- explains Stevens.
Botanical PaperWorks company engaged in manufacturing of diverse paper products – from the bridal collection (invitations, envelopes and even confetti) to promotional leaflets, calendars and gift certificates. Separate line can be mentioned a unique line of cards with grass seeds.
From planted in the ground envelope (postcards, business cards, etc.). Germinate bright wild flowers – primroses, Clark, black-eyed Susan (plant family Asteraceae, including rudbeckia, yellow daisy), lobulyariya, daisy perennial, drowsiness, and snapdragons. There are “edible” versions – so, of some paper products can grow basil, dill, thyme, and even vegetables like carrots and lettuce.
“The kit includes snippets of basil, chives, sage, mint, dill and parsley, while the reverse side shows the corresponding recipe” - Explains Stevens. - “That is with a person receives a gift plants that can not only grow, but grow up, to cook.”
The process of growing ridiculously simple – just something, and you need that to prepare the ground (no matter whether it’s garden plot or pot on the window), sprinkle the paper with a thin layer of the earth and put in the sun. For the germination of seeds need sunlight and water – must see to it that before the advent of the green paper remained moist.
Different companies use different methods for making paper, remains unchanged but the idea of processed products, which practically can not be a waste-free.
Don Martin, an employee of the company «Bloomin ‘» (Boulder, Colo.), claims that their products are perfectly suited for making invitations and stationery, as does the letter sent by a little more special. Since it is difficult to disagree.
“The idea that a person receives by mail a postcard or invitation may immediately tear it up, put in the ground – from postcards to grow flowers” – smiles Martin. Envelope, incidentally, also recycle 100 percent. “
To be sure of the proper quality of its products, employees Botanical PaperWorks test every batch of seeds for germination and flowering.
“The best part is that we take something already exists, created by someone with a purpose, and turn it into something entirely different, new and clean” – sums up Stevens.
Such a pleasure is not very cheap, but we have an excellent alternative – try to do everything by hand.
So, to create a “flower” of paper is necessary:
- Gather a bunch of garbage (the best fit for the purpose of the newspaper, packing of eggs, wrapping paper, paper napkins and towels , flyers, telephone directory pages, etc.), break it into small pieces and pour into a blender so that it was filled at least halfway (but not more than two-thirds);
- Fill the remaining volume of the blender with warm water (up to the mark);
- Insert the blender on low speed for about 10 seconds,then increase the speed and wait another half a minute, until the paper does not remain a single piece of visually perceptible;
- Pour the mixture in half a teaspoon of flower seeds and a good mix (vruchnuyu!).
- Set on a cup or bowl sieve and pour into it to get a lot, using a spoon or spatula, press through a sieve the remaining water.
- Arrange on a flat surface of a piece of flannel or felt cloth and pour it on paper pulp;
- Spoon or spatula and level the mixture to give it the necessary form (the thinner the layer, the faster it dries).
- With the help of a sponge leveled mixture (it absorbs the water), then pressed hard to the surface of terry cloth or microfiber cloth (for the removal of water);
- Writing a paper to dry out, then carefully turn over.
Once the paper has dried completely, there will be only to find her a worthy application. And even a homemade postcard will be less representative form than produced by professionals, your family will appreciate invested in her work and the originality of congratulations.
I would not have refused to get one card that could grow flowers . And you?
Visit link →